One of only three fully accredited NAIS college preparatory schools in Southern Nevada, the Adelson Educational Campus embodies the core values on which we are built – intellectual curiosity, community, and respect for all cultures, ideas and differences. We embrace and welcome international students into our community. Inspired by a diverse faculty with advanced degrees and visiting intellectual and world leaders, our students are well prepared for the rigors of university. Intimate classrooms averaging a 12:1 student-to-teacher ratio and individualized college counseling have resulted in a 100% university placement. With access to state of the art facilities including our brand new startup incubator (Si), performing arts theater, visual arts studio, and indoor pool and track, our students engage in a well-rounded high school experience.
Our Director of Admissions and Head of International Students have advanced knowledge about the immigration requirements for students studying abroad, and are happy to help you through the admissions process.
Adelson Educational Campus is considered one of the top secondary schools for international students in the United States
Under the guidance of a Head of International Students, our faculty and staff are specially trained and committed to serving our international students by supporting them academically, emotionally and socially. We develop individualized curricula based on a student’s ESL needs, to meet his/her academic goals. We offer:
- a supportive, secure environment through which students acclimate to the U.S. educational system prior to university studies;
- the benefits of a college preparatory program that positions students for an education in American universities and beyond;
- small group ESL instruction based on ability;
- lifelong relationships with a diverse peer group;
- the emotional and social support of an Adelson Campus host family.
“For me, education is like constructing a building. The traditional Chinese education I received before coming to America gave me a solid base creating a foundation for my future, and the Adelson Educational Campus has provided powerful connections that keep me on the right track, boosting me up to a higher standard and level of achievement. During my two years as part of the Adelson community, I have experienced many revelations that have expanded my knowledge of the world, as well as my personality. The Adelson Educational Campus has offered me a chance to change my life and reach my goals.” -Jimmy (China)
Requirements for NEW International Students:
Entering 9th Grade (Minimum Requirements):
- Minimum TOEFL Score of 70 with at least 17 in each category OR a minimum IELTS score of 24 with at least 6 in each category.
Entering 10th Grade (Minimum Requirements):
- Minimum TOEFL Score of 75 with at least 18 in each category OR a minimum IELTS score of 28 with at least 7 in each category.
- Minimum interview score via Skype of 18.
Entering 11th Grade (Minimum Requirements):
- Minimum TOEFL Score of 80 with at least 19 in each category OR a minimum IELTS score of 32 with at least 8 in each category.
- Minimum interview score via Skype of 20.
No admissions into 12th grade. All international students must attend a minimum of 2 years in order to graduate from AEC.
Requirements for ALL International Students:
- Upon acceptance, students will be placed in grade level appropriate classes, along with specifically designed ESL classes.
- Additionally, students may be required to contact an outside tutor for support in specific classes.
- Students are housed with host families for an additional fee each month.
- In addition to the standard tuition and host family fees, all international students are required to pay an international student ESL fee of $6,000/year.
- International students are not eligible for financial aid.
- All required documents, specifically school grade reports and teacher recommendations, must be translated into English. Once accepted, students are required to submit end-of-year official transcripts to the International Education Research Foundation (IERF), which will evaluate students’ credentials and help us place them in the most appropriate classes.
- All applicants must provide a notarized statement naming the legal guardian responsible for the student while enrolled at the Adelson Educational Campus. The student must live with the legal guardian named on the document while enrolled at the School. Both parents and legal guardians must sign the document. Signatures must be notarized.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application for admission, including submission of a TOEFL score and the required documents as listed on the application.
- International students must be interviewed either in-person or via Skype before the admissions process is considered complete. The Admissions Office will contact you to schedule an interview after we have received your complete application.
- Once a student has been accepted for admission, the Adelson Educational Campus will issue and mail to you a document referred to as an I-20. The I-20 serves as a paper record of your information in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) database. Before you can apply for your visa, you must have an I-20.