Dads Club Bowl
On September 30th, more than thirty Adelson Dads met at Red Rock Lanes, launching their first event of the year, Bowling, Bros and Brews. A fun night was had while networking, and of course, bowling. Although no one may have bowled a high score, lots of socializing kept the night lively.
The Dads will be building on this fun evening with their next two activities: assembling toys for the Lower School (date TBD) and Tequila and Tacos (a tasting event) on November 10.
The PA would like to thank all 50 members for joining and actively participating. The Adelson Dads are the best! For more information on upcoming Dads of Adelson Club events, contact Aaron Sidranski at [email protected]
The PA is looking for Grade Parents in each grade throughout the school (18mo - 12th). Becoming a Grade Parent is a fun way to participate with your child’s grade, help the school with their volunteer needs, and forward school and PA messages to your fellow parents. If you are interested in being a Grade Parent, please fill out the following interest form.
Did you miss the last meeting? That’s ok, here are the minutes!
Interested in getting involved and joining the PA? We would love to have you! Please fill out the interest form and you’ll be contacted by the PA for upcoming events.
Rosh Hashanah Is Here!
HONEY CAKE - A SYMBOLIC SUPERFOOD - BY LIORAH
Rosh Hashanah is upon us, the Jewish New Year, with one of the symbols of this holiday being honey. Why honey? Because we aspire for the New Year upon us to be as sweet as honey. So, we dip an apple in honey and eat … Honey Cake! Honey Cake is an undisputed regular patron on many Rosh Hashanah tables. Interestingly, honey cake has a long and diverse evolution. From breadcrumbs mashed with honey, to the sweet and spiced cake we know and love today. It’s a Rosh Hashanah classic, with an evolution exemplifying the extraordinary culinary journey of the Jewish People. This is more than just a cake; it connects Jews to Torah, holidays, and the sweetness of life. L’Shana Tova! Have a good and sweet New Year! Cool Fact: Honey has great health benefits, such as boosting the immune system, fighting cancer, reducing infections, and fighting gum disease. Honey is good for your hair, great to reduce acid reflux symptoms, and is a much healthier option than regular sugar. Enjoy it in good health.
Adelson Parents Association Honey Cake Recipe:
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
3 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Cinnamon
½ cup Oil (canola, coconut, or grapeseed)
½ cup Honey
1 ½ cup granulated Sugar
2 large Eggs
2 ½ cups Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray Loaf or Bundt pan of choice.
- Whisk together first three ingredients
- With an electric mixer, cream oil, honey, and sugar until combined and creamy
- Add eggs and mix until combined
- Add applesauce and mix until combined
- Gradually add flour and spice mixture and beat until everything is incorporated
- Pour evenly into prepared pan, about ¾ full
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle
- Let cool completely before removing from pan
- Glaze, frost, or garnish as you desire. We like to glaze and adorn with pomegranate seeds.
Interested in Joining the PA?
Parents Association Committees
Welcome to the 2022-2023 Parents Association!
This year, Committees will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all PA programs and events for their respective Committees.
Prior to choosing which Committee(s) you would like to join, please review a few guidelines:
Committee Members will secure necessary volunteers required for the success of each event and are expected to attend whenever possible.
Committee Members will submit plans, costs (if applicable), and official event forms for each event which will then be reviewed and approved by Administration and/or PA and collaborate with faculty members who oversee the various events.
Committees should be collaborative, supportive, and most of all have fun!
Plan and execute events throughout the year, some of which may be revenue generating opportunities for the PA. Examples include:
- Used Uniform Sales
- Cherrydale Holiday Fundraiser
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Teacher/Staff Holiday Gift Fund
- Hanukkah LS Crafting Party
- Hanukkah MS/US Dreidel Party
- Parents’ Night Out
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
Supports and facilitates the Adelson School's administrative initiatives. Examples include:
- Welcoming New Families: establishes and maintains communication with new Adelson families throughout the school year.
- Events: Family Sunday Funday Welcome Breakfast, End of Year BBQ, School Parades, Volunteer Thank You Breakfast
Supports and encourages engagement for Adelson's Athletics, Student Council, DECA, and community events. Examples include:
- Community philanthropy walks (ex. ADL No Place For Hate Walk)
- Canned Food and Toy Drives
- HS DECA Business Program
- MS/HS Event Décor
- Pack the Stands
- Annual Splash & Dash
Supports Adelson's Judaic departments in various capacities for Jewish holidays throughout the year. Examples include:
- Rosh Chodesh (ex. monthly challah bagging)
- Rosh Hashanah
- Tu B' Shevat
- Yom Ha’atzmaut
Plans, organizes, promotes, and attends "Dad" or "Mom" events throughout the school year.
- LS Toy Assembly
- Family Sunday Funday Welcome Breakfast
- End of Year BBQ / Athletic Challenge
- Grandparents Luncheon
- 2-4 additional off-property events
If you’d like to contribute to our next PA newsletter, email [email protected]