Tags: summer camp at adelson campus
Thank you for your interest form for Summer Camp at Adelson Campus 2020. With Phase Two of the reopening of Nevada, we are happy to announce that we will move forward with offering three weeks of our summer program from July 6th - July 24th. Naturally, the health and safety of our campers and staff is our top priority. We are now ready to offer your children a safe camp experience and a sense of long-awaited return to greater normalcy. Campers will continue to enjoy many of the same exciting and fun-filled activities as in years past, but with modifications designed to ensure their health and safety. We look forward to welcoming our campers back to campus.
Per CDC guidelines for schools and summer camps, we are requesting that our Kindergarten - 5th grade campers bring their own mask. We will only ask campers to wear the masks for times when social distancing is difficult. These times include arrival, dismissal, and transition times as well as times when keeping social distancing is challenging throughout the camp day. Please send along a small plastic bag labeled with the camper's name for storing throughout the day. Please label the mask as well. Please see this link from the CDC with the suggested guidelines.
We are continuing to monitor updated guidelines from the CDC and the Southern Nevada Health District to ensure that we exercise best practices in our health and safety protocols. Below are examples of the protocols that we will be implementing this summer. A full list of COVID -19 protocols will appear as an appendix to the camp parent handbook.
- Smaller Group Sizes: We will adhere to the current CDC guidelines by limiting each camper group to ten individuals per group including counselors and teachers. Individual groups will not be mixed during the day.
- Social Distancing: We will follow CDC guidelines with respect to social distancing during all daily activities. We will also limit the sharing of objects as much as possible.
- Additional Staff Training: There will be intensive COVID-19 protocol training in addition to the standard staff training completed before the start of camp.
- Medical Professional: Our school nurse, Sanaz Drake, will be working closely with the camp leadership in preparation for camp and will be on site for the duration of camp.
- Temperature Checks: We will conduct temperature checks of all campers and employees each day to determine that they may attend camp. Individuals who are at a 100.0 degree temperature or above will be sent home and will not be permitted to return for at least 48 hours.
- Masks: All employees will be required to wear masks. We will only ask campers to wear the masks for times when social distancing is difficult. These times include arrival, dismissal, and transition times as well as times when keeping social distancing is challenging throughout the camp day.
- Before Care, After Care: Since we cannot mix groups of campers during the camp day, we will be unable to offer before care, after care, or any before camp enrichments.
- Lunch: Lunch will not be provided by the camp. Campers are required to bring their own lunches and snacks each day. Meals will be eaten in the camper’s homeroom. In order to maintain our kashrut (kosher) standards, lunches must be either dairy or vegetarian. Please remember that we are also a nut-free campus.
- Handwashing: We will follow daily strict hand washing schedules for campers and employees.
- Cleaning: A strict protocol of multiple cleanings of facilities, especially rest rooms, will be followed each day.
- Arrival and Dismissal: Parents/guardians will be directed to use our car line procedure. We will have to limit the entry of any parents and visitors into the school building.
Week 1: July 6-10, 2020
Week 2: July 13-17, 2020
Week 3: July 20-24, 2020
Kindergarten thru Grade 5 $295 per week - 8:20am - 3:25pm
Preschool Full Day $280 per week - 8:20am - 3:25pm
Preschool Half Day $140 per week - 8:20am - 12:00pm
We will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 outbreak during the weeks leading up to the opening and during camp. As indicated above, we will inform you of any alterations to our programming or procedures occasioned by changes in state and/or federal guidelines as set forth by the CDC and Southern Nevada Health District.
Please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Valerie Irizari, Camp Director
Dan Kelly, Camp Administrator
18 months by February 1st, 2020
2 years by October 1st, 2019
3 years by October 1st, 2019
4 years by October 1st, 2019
Current 1st Grade
Current 2nd Grade
Current 3rd Grade
Current 4th Grade
Current 5th Grade