This Week in Upper School 10/30-11/3, 2017
Upper School Staff
Friday, November 3, 2017
Vanessa Voltz, class of 2021, will compete in the Cross Country State Championships in Reno! Gooooooo, Vanessa!
Thanks to the efforts of juniors Dana Bluevise, Bailey Kermani, and Nuriel Sussman, the Upper School raised almost $400 during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The money will be donated to the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation.
- Today Honors Biology students did microbiology! They took bacterial colonies that we grew on petri plates, streaked them for isolation, did bacterial smears on slides and Gram stained! This is something that you do in college.
- Students selected new clubs for quarter two at the Club Fair on Tuesday. New clubs for this semester include Volleyball Club and Theory Club, in addition to other returning favorites.
- The National Junior Honor Society had a candy drive for the troops and collected candy from all Upper School students.
- Next Thursday, Student Council is hosting the Fall Dance from 5 - 7 pm. Tickets are on sale during lunch for $5.
- 9th graders returned from a wonderful trip to Washington, D.C. where they toured museums, the Capitol building, the memorials at night, and basically walked so much each day that they actually went to bed at curfew!
- Matahn Blank, class of 2020, and Jason Bello, class of 2018, were nominated by the faculty as Mensches of the Month for October. Mazel tov!
- Battle Born Slam will run a poetry workshop during school on November 13-15 culminating in a Poetry Slam during FLEX on November 16th. Sign up outside Ms. Kaufman's office.
- After School Study Hall runs from 3:15-4:30 Mondays-Thursdays in room 302. Students can get help in all subjects, study for tests, work on projects, or just complete homework in a structured environment. If you have questions, then please reach out to Ms. Joyner, Yoni Gavish, class of 2018, or Annelissa McKenzie, class of 2018.
- Sign-up to volunteer for the Backpacks for Kids program at Three Square