This Week in Upper School 4/16-4/20, 2018
Upper School students also celebrated Yom Ha'azmaut on Thursday with an afternoon of fun and special activities to honor Israel's 70th Birthday. Grades 6-12 started off in the auditorium for a lighting ceremony and then cheered a spirited performance by the Lower School students. Students enjoyed a delicious Israeli themed lunch with games and activities, followed by Israeli trivia and sports. To view Yom Hashanah photos, click here.
UPPER SCHOOL LEADERSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
SAVE THE DATES
With only five weeks left of school, the season of awards, celebrations, and graduations are upon us. This is a very important "save-the-dates" message - much of it you probably already know, but this way it is in one convenient place:
- Middle School Awards Ceremony and induction into the National Junior Honor Society - Thursday, May 3, at 8AM*
- High School Awards Ceremony and induction into the National Honor Society, followed by the Pride Walk for the Class of 2018 - Friday, May 4, at 8AM*
- AP Exam Weeks: May 7 - 17
- 8th Grade Celebration: Friday, May 18, at 9:30AM (reception, followed by 10:30AM ceremony)
- US Finals: May 18 - 25 (the 25th is for make-up exams only)
- No School due to Shavuot: May 21
- Mandatory HS Graduation Rehearsal: Wednesday, May 23, at 3PM
- HS Commencement for the Class of 2018: Thursday, May 24, at 5PM (doors open at 4PM; graduates must be present no later than 4PM)
- *please note that although all families are welcome to either or both Awards Ceremonies, families of awardees will be notified separately at the end of this week if their child is getting an award so that they can make sure to attend.
We look forward to a wonderful end to the 2017-2018 school year!